But i am going to finish this project, i will i promise. it's just a matter of when!
Becky Higgins just came out with a new kit, called project life, that doesn't necessarily involve taking a photo a day, it's a little bit simpler then that, heres what she posted on her blog:
"PROJECT LIFE is the perfect solution for preserving your pictures and anecdotes and stories without all the time & money that traditional scrapbooking requires. PROJECT LIFE is for those who can keep up with taking a picture every day (I personally love this way of recording my family's life) ... and ... it's perfect for those who say that's just too much. It's just too hard to keep up with that pace. There is total & complete flexibility with PROJECT LIFE. "
Things to include include instead of a picture:
- Artwork, sketches, handwriting, etc.
- Quotes. Did someone say something funny or quirky or profound or memorable or interesting today? Quote them.
- Movie ticket stubs
- Take-out menu
- Print out an e-mail or part of a website you were browsing
- Piece of mail
- Note from school
- Newspaper clipping
- Thank-you note or birthday card you received
- Recipe (a new one you tried or an old favorite you just made again)
- Handwritten note from one of the kids or your spouse
- "Thought" of the day or a favorite scripture or quote
- Lists (to-do, groceries, errands, bills paid)
- Packaging from food items, etc.
- IDEAS FOR DOING A SPECIFIC ALBUM OR TO INCLUDE IN YOUR PROJECT:
- All About Me. Whether you are an adult or a child or teenager, you focus completely on what makes up your life (what you wear, what you eat, what you love, where you go, who you hang out with, where you work, why you do what you do) OR All-time Favorite Photos. Pack the album full of your favorite pictures, whether they're ones passed down to you from your grandparents or the snapshot you just took this week.
i am liking this alot, and she actually just posted on her blog that they will be releasing a digital kit as well, that you can use free of charge. At the end of the project though you can have the chance to buy it as a photobook if you choose, which is what i plan to do, when i get through this! My start date is going to be February 1 so wish me luck!